Hockey players, believe it or not, are human beings just like the rest of us. Sure, they get to play a game professionally that stems back from their childhood for millions of dollars, but at the end of the day, they have hobbies, pet peeves and habits (whether good or bad) just like you and I.
A couple months back, we wrote about a large group of players interviewed for NHL.com’s Puck Personality series on their biggest pet peeves in the game of hockey. Well, the series has returned, and this time around, the players were asked what their biggest pet peeves are away from the sport.
- Shayne Gostisbehere and Dylan Larkin are annoyed by loud chewers, and really, who isn’t?
- Ryan Getzlaf doesn’t like people that talk too much. Makes you wonder if Corey Perry can’t keep quiet off the ice either.
- Tyler Johnson and Tanner Pearson literally listed the exact opposite peeve as each others. Good thing they aren’t teammates.
- Chris Tanev is bugged when people wear running shoes with suits (that’s a clear style violation we can all agree on).
- Johnny Gaudreau, Jeff Skinner, Tyler Seguin and Connor McDavid, who are some of the faster players in the game, can’t stand slow drivers out on the highways, which is funny since they love slow defenceman out on the ice.
- Of course, a number of players don’t like tardiness, which makes sense since hockey players are always on the go and have tight schedules they need to meet.
What’s your biggest pet peeve in life? Did one of these hockey stars cover it for you? Let us know in the Facebook comments!